A Taste of THE TOWN. And your doorway to Melbourne’s treasured stories – rich history, iconic landmarks, colourful characters and culinary epicentre. Discover, marvel and taste why our Melbourne is one of the most LIVEABLE CITIES IN THE WORLD
Kicking off from where it all began for MELBOURNE, right on the Yarra River, immerse yourself in Melbourne’s past and present. Along your journey you’ll learn what ‘Melbournians’ love about their town – as you weave, wander & TASTE – in characterful laneways, arcades and beautiful, picturesque tree-lined streets. An all-round Melbourne sensory experience.
- Our Taste of the Town includes 4 stops – tasting ‘Melbourne made’ along the way, dotted with cultural and historical anecdotes.
- Delight in a light lunch, complemented with a beverage pairing of your choice
- Spend 4 hours with your local leader, who is passionate about all things Melbourne, especially food and history.
- Learn the meaning of ‘Melbourne-Style’.
- Delight in a casual stroll through Melbourne’s CBD
- At the completion of the experience, you’ll have a newfound understanding of what makes Melbourne and Melburnian’s tick.
- You’ll be able to navigate ‘Melbourne’s foodie and bar scene at the end of this sensory adventure.
What to expect:
- Departure is at 9.00am daily
- Walking distance is moderate, 1.7km with 4 stops
- We will walk, talk, taste and sip over 4 hours
- Includes a light lunch & beverage pairing at one of our ‘favourite’ foodie finds
- Tours operate through rain, hail or shine. Please come prepared
- Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
- Restrooms or bathrooms available throughout the experience
- Small groups of no more than 8
- Please notify us of any serious allergies or aversions at least 48 hours in advance of the tour so we can be sure your needs are met.
Price – A$149.00 / C$119.00 up to 12 years / Complimentary up to 5 years
Meeting Point – Outside Bear Brass Cafe
Ground level, 3 Southgate Avenue, Southbank
Near the escalators & colourful sculpture