With the arrival of Chinese immigration in the 1850s, Chinatown became the main food source and centre for the newly arrived Chinese community. Today, Chinatown enjoys multiple modern cuisines across all of Asia, including China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.
Tasting Melbourne’s Asia Tour is ideal for locals and visitors, keen to explore the culinary delights and rich history of Melbourne’s Asian influence and intriguing China Town. This tour kicks off at Southgate, outside BearBrass Restaurant.
- Our ‘Tastes Of Asia’ Food Tour will include 5 mouth watering stops
- Taste your way through Melbourne’s multicultural Asian cuisine – from our Southgate precinct, through the culinary laneways of Melbourne & Chinatown
- Delight your senses while tasting, sipping and strolling your way through this energetic and vibrant oriental centre of Melbourne.
- Connect in a unique and surprising way, listening to the rich and mystical history of Chinatown, from your knowledgeable guide.
- Enjoy the diverse, culinary mix of Chinatown’s cuisine, including Melbourne’s scrumptious Dumplings, Vietnamese Bao, a Japanese treat, Modern Chinese and more.
- At the completion of the tour, you will have a better sense in navigating to further explore Melbourne’s Asian food scene.
What to expect:
- Experience 5 delicious tastings
- Departure is at 10.30am on selected days. Please check our calendar
- Walking distance is moderate, approximately 1.7km with 5 stops
- We will walk, talk, taste and sip for 3-3½ hours
- Tours operate through rain, hail or shine. Please come prepared!
- Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
- Restrooms or bathrooms available throughout the experience
- Vegetarian options are available on request. Please notify us of any serious allergies or aversions at least 48 hours in advance of the tour so we can be sure your needs are met.
- Price – $90.00 per person
Corner of Degrave’s Street & Flinders Street, Melbourne